Sport for Confidence is a social enterprise organisation that deploys the collective intelligence of Occupational Therapists and Coaches to utilise sport and physical activity as a preventative measure to enhance a person’s health and well-being.
Who We Are
Our Vision is to Play Our Part in creating an equitable society and tackling inequalities so that everyone can enjoy community spaces which promote movement, activity, well-being and relationships.
We do this because we believe everyone should have the opportunity to participate in activities that matter to them, to enhance their health and well-being.
It should never be ‘one size fits all’ – we work collaboratively to provide meaningful activity to the person in the right way at the right time and in the right place.
- Sport for Confidence Model Launches in Brentwood! Posted on 22nd June 2022 at 11:45
- Sport for Confidence Turns Outdoor Space Into Natural Learning Experience Posted on 6th June 2022 at 11:52
- Lyndsey Barrett featured in Sports Nation magazine Posted on 26th May 2022 at 10:14
- Sport for Confidence Programme Announced As Finalist at UK Active Awards! Posted on 26th May 2022 at 09:08
- Sport for Confidence Secures 5 Year Sport England Funding Posted on 9th May 2022 at 14:01
- Meet Our New Assistant Coaches! Posted on 29th April 2022 at 15:20
“ I’d like to thank the coaches and health professionals for creating such a fantastic atmosphere. These sessions are so important for people with learning disabilities – they feel accepted and learn a number of skills including social skills as well as skills relating to the sporting activity. ”
Sally, carer for a Sport for Confidence Participant