Sport for Confidence is a social enterprise organisation that deploys the collective intelligence of Occupational Therapists and Coaches to utilise sport and physical activity as a preventative measure to enhance a person’s health and well-being.
Who We Are
Our Vision is to Play Our Part in creating an equitable society and tackling inequalities so that everyone can enjoy community spaces which promote movement, activity, well-being and relationships.
We do this because we believe everyone should have the opportunity to participate in activities that matter to them, to enhance their health and well-being.
It should never be ‘one size fits all’ – we work collaboratively to provide meaningful activity to the person in the right way at the right time and in the right place.
- Focus on Coaching - Shannon Searle Posted on 17th January 2022 at 11:22
- An Introduction to the Therapeutic Use of Boccia Webinar Posted on 12th January 2022 at 16:30
- Sport for Confident commits to being a Disability Confident employer Posted on 12th January 2022 at 15:48
- Read About Participant, Kirsty's, Experience with Sport for Confidence Posted on 7th January 2022 at 17:04
- Sport for Confidence Calls on Occupational Therapy Students To Drive Change Posted on 15th December 2021 at 08:43
- Sport for Confidence Reveals New Strategy Posted on 29th November 2021 at 09:08
“ I’d like to thank the coaches and health professionals for creating such a fantastic atmosphere. These sessions are so important for people with learning disabilities – they feel accepted and learn a number of skills including social skills as well as skills relating to the sporting activity. ”
Sally, carer for a Sport for Confidence Participant