Sport for Confidence seeks to support those who have become disconnected from the community/loved ones and who require additional support to be able to access meaningful opportunities outside of the home environment.
Sport for Confidence achieves its outcomes through utilising the knowledge, skills and expertise of Occupational Therapists and Coaches.
Occupational Therapists work across health, education and social care and in diverse practise areas such as health promotion and illness prevention. The earlier someone who is experiencing challenges to their occupations receives occupational therapy intervention, the more likely they are to have positive outcomes and potentially any reduced secondary complications which could relate to mental and physical health.
By placing an Occupational Therapist at the ‘front door’ of Sport for Confidence, it is possible to support those who face challenges to their occupations and work holistically with a focus on prevention. We support individuals through initial assessment interviews and therapeutic interventions to achieve positive outcomes related to physical, mental and emotional health and all social circumstances and life opportunities.
- Walk In Dementia Hub to Launch at Waterside Farm Leisure Centre Posted on 15th September 2023 at 09:01
- Sport for Confidence Collaborates with Writtle University to Enhance Inclusive Physical Activity Education Posted on 23rd August 2023 at 14:11
- Sport for Confidence Makes National Award Shortlist! Posted on 21st August 2023 at 09:41
- Get To Know Coaching Lead, Tom Doughty Posted on 3rd August 2023 at 12:39
- Therapeutic Cycling Returns to Basildon Sporting Village Posted on 27th July 2023 at 15:12
- Get To Know Occupational Therapist, Lisa Westhorpe Posted on 6th July 2023 at 10:01
“ I’d like to thank the coaches and health professionals for creating such a fantastic atmosphere. These sessions are so important for people with learning disabilities – they feel accepted and learn a number of skills including social skills as well as skills relating to the sporting activity. ”
Sally, carer for a Sport for Confidence Participant