Sport for Confidence seeks to support those who have become disconnected from the community/loved ones and who require additional support to be able to access meaningful opportunities outside of the home environment.
Sport for Confidence achieves its outcomes through utilising the knowledge, skills and expertise of Occupational Therapists and Coaches.
Occupational Therapists work across health, education and social care and in diverse practise areas such as health promotion and illness prevention. The earlier someone who is experiencing challenges to their occupations receives occupational therapy intervention, the more likely they are to have positive outcomes and potentially any reduced secondary complications which could relate to mental and physical health.
By placing an Occupational Therapist at the ‘front door’ of Sport for Confidence, it is possible to support those who face challenges to their occupations and work holistically with a focus on prevention. We support individuals through initial assessment interviews and therapeutic interventions to achieve positive outcomes related to physical, mental and emotional health and all social circumstances and life opportunities.
- Get To Know our new Occupational Therapist, Georgia Wills Posted on 8th November 2023 at 11:45
- Sport for Confidence Renews Partnership with Upshot Posted on 1st November 2023 at 10:13
- No Resident Left Behind - Sport for Confidence Continues at Witham Leisure Centre Posted on 25th October 2023 at 08:50
- Sport for Confidence Announced National Public Health Champion at the 2023 CAHPO Awards! Posted on 18th October 2023 at 09:00
- Get To Know Our New Occupational Therapy Assistant, Kerys Davies Posted on 11th October 2023 at 14:12
- Walk In Dementia Hub to Launch at Waterside Farm Leisure Centre Posted on 15th September 2023 at 09:01
“ I’d like to thank the coaches and health professionals for creating such a fantastic atmosphere. These sessions are so important for people with learning disabilities – they feel accepted and learn a number of skills including social skills as well as skills relating to the sporting activity. ”
Sally, carer for a Sport for Confidence Participant