Welcome to Witham Leisure Centre!
We’re excited for you to meet our team of Allied Health Professionals and Coaches who make our Sport for Confidence sessions so fun. The team at Witham Leisure Centre is lead by Jake Turner (Behaviour Advisor), & Tom Doughty (Coach).
Due to the disruption caused by Covid-19, Sport for Confidence sessions have not yet returned to the Feel Good Centre. This page will be updated as soon as we have a return date.
What’s going on?
To view or print the timetable, please click here!
Cost: £3.00 per session, and you’ll need to pay by card at the desk on arrival.
Contact for more info: email@example.com
Address: Witham Leisure Centre, Spinks Lane, CM8 1EP
How to find us…
Map your route using the directions button below.
Our Local Partners
Sport for Confidence works with a variety of partners at a local level which include organisations such as community services and groups, health care services, councils, schools and universities. By collaborating with our local partners, we are able to reach a larger audience, promote inclusive physical activity and increase the impact we have on our client’s health and wellbeing.
We’re delighted to be partnered with many local organisations. See below our key partners and how we work with them. If you’re interested to partner with Sport for Confidence at Witham Leisure Centre, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we work with our partners:
- Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust (HPFT) Learning Disability team send referrals to Sport for Confidence groups at Witham
- Anglia Community Enterprise (ACECIC) Occupational Therapy Team send referrals to Sport for Confidence groups at Witham
- Braintree District Council are part of the Active Network team supporting the community to take part in physical activity and sport
- NHS Emotional Wellbeing Mental Health Service (EWMHS) deliver a closed group to adolescents with emotional and mental health problems
- Essex University are part of a research project which aim is to see benefits of resistance training delivered to children suffering with mental health problems against mainstream sporting activities
- Live Well Campaign are part of a council initiative, supporting the community to live well
- Brain Wave is a children’s charity supporting children with disabilities, offering respite and our partnership allows children to attend certain sessions designed for them to take part in sport and physical activity
- Columbus College offer therapeutic sporting opportunities to students
- Mid Essex Clinical Commissioning Group allow commissioners to come to the delivery days to talk about Annual Health Checks etc
- Witham Job Centre deliver a mentorship programme to individuals unemployed identified by the job centre, with a main focus around well being and taking part in sport and physical activity
- Braintree Mencap is an ongoing partnership, working to deliver opportunities for members to take part in sport and physical activity
- Realise Futures is an employment agency for people with learning disabilities, working in partnership to offer volunteering roles at Sport for Confidence
- Royal Mencap deliver the Round the World Challenge, supporting individuals to become active