Welcome to Hornchurch Sports Centre!
We’re excited for you to meet our team of Occupational Therapists and Coaches who make our Sport for Confidence sessions so fun. The team at Hornchurch Sports Centre is lead by Vera Loughnane (Occupational Therapist).
What’s going on?
Check back here soon for our new Time Table & Flyer for Hornchurch!
*Currently all sessions are on Zoom due to COVID-19 restrictions*
Cost: £3.00 per session, and you’ll need to pay at the desk on arrival.
Contact for more info: email@example.com
Address: Hornchurch Sports Centre, Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch Road, Hornchurch, RM11 1JU
How to find us…
Map your route using the directions button below.
Our Local Partners
Sport for Confidence works with a variety of partners at a local level which include organisations such as community services and groups, health care services, councils, schools and universities. By collaborating with our local partners, we are able to reach a larger audience, promote inclusive physical activity and increase the impact we have on our client’s health and wellbeing.
We’re delighted to be partnered with many local organisations. See below our key partners and how we work with them. If you’re interested to partner with Sport for Confidence at Hornchurch Leisure Centre, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we work with our partners:
- Havering Association for People with Disabilities (H.A.D) provide a broad range of services and activities for People with Physical Disabilities and Carers in the London Borough of Havering. They’ve had Sport for Confidence Boccia sessions and refer to Sport for Confidence in Hornchurch.
- My Health Matters is an innovative community project which aims to encourage the residents of Havering to become healthier, more active and to take positive action to manage their own wellbeing.
- NELFT NHS Foundation provides an Emotional Wellbeing Mental Health Service for children and young people across the whole of Essex.
- The Havering Memory Service provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment for people in Havering who have memory difficulties. They support us to deliver the Wellness Group at Hornchurch Sport Centre and regularly refer to us.
- Adult community mental health services – This service provides support for people with mental health difficulties. They assess mental health and social care needs. They offer advice & information, social activities for older people and short-term intermediate care and assessments. They refer to Sport for Confidence in Hornchurch.
- Community learning disability team (CLDT). The CLDT is a joint health and social services team and offers a service to adults aged 18 and over who may need help because of a learning disability. They refer to Sport for Confidence in Hornchurch.
- Sycamore Trust U.K. offers a range of services designed for adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and other related conditions. The Romford Autism Hub promotes our sessions at Hornchurch Sports Centre.
- The Avelon Road Day Opportunities Centre is part of the London Borough of Havering’s Adult Social Services. Avelon Road Centre regularly bring the people they support to our sessions.
- Funky Willows Ltd provides a full day service in both the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and the London Borough of Havering. They regularly bring the people they support to our sessions.
- Havering Mind are a local mental health charity based in Havering. They provide services to people living in Havering, and the surrounding area who may be experiencing problems with their mental wellbeing. They promote our Sport for Confidence sessions in Hornchurch.